Crafter Day-Of Information
The 2023 Arbutus Arts Festival, which is to be held on Sunday, May 21, 2023, is just a few weeks away. We are excited that you will be joining us for this event! Please read the entire contents of this site carefully for detailed information about the day of the festival.
Crafter Space Assignment
Crafters will receive an email in the coming weeks with space assignments.
The Arbutus Arts Festival Committee makes every effort to accommodate specific space requests, however they cannot be guaranteed. You will receive a space card on the morning of the festival that must be displayed at your booth so that it is visible to festival staff.
Traffic and Set-Up
Directions to our festival will be found on this page shortly.
Space numbers will be marked on the curb. When you arrive, we ask that you unload all items onto the sidewalk by your space, park your car (see below) and then wait to set up until all vehicles are off the street. All vehicles must be off the street by 7:45am, at the latest. If you arrive after 7:45am, you will not be permitted to drive down the street and will be asked to park and then walk your items to your space. This is for the safety of all other crafters and our volunteers. Please do not set up tents prior to 8:00am. All tents must be weighted.
There will be some changes to Crafter Parking this year.
Crafters will be assigned to park in specific parking lots and a parking pass will be sent to you via email with your space assignment.
Your parking pass must be printed and placed on your dashboard when you park your vehicle. Crafters are allowed one parking space per booth space purchased. Vehicles with trailers attached are counted as one vehicle.
Portable restrooms are positioned in various locations throughout the festival: Children’s Corner, Linden Ave, Beer Garden, Stevens Ave and near Rite Aid.
A copy of the rules and regulations for the festival are found on this page. Please read them over carefully, as all rules will be enforced throughout the day. As a reminder, all items MUST be handmade by you. The Committee reserves the right to ask you to remove certain items or leave the festival if we believe that your items are not handmade.
All handmade food vendors providing samples MUST obtain a Temporary Food Service Facility Permit from the Baltimore County Health Department. Vendors must submit the permit to the Festival Committee in advance of the festival and bring a copy on the day of the festival. Generators are not permitted.
First Aid is available at the red tent, an ambulance on Stevens Avenue (near the red tent), at the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department booth on Linden Avenue and in the Children’s Corner.
Food for Crafters
Free donuts and coffee are available to all crafters during morning set-up at the red tent.
Sorrento of Arbutus will be providing special ordering for crafters this year. Information will be provided in goody bags.
- The festival will be held rain or shine.
- The red tent in the center of town (in front of the Beer Garden) is the main communications booth and will be used for announcements, lost and found, etc.
- Committee members will be wearing gold shirts. Please don’t hesitate to stop anyone if you have questions or need assistance.
- All crafters will receive a goody bag during morning set-up to include our 2024 crafter application and an assortment of promotional items from local businesses that will hopefully be useful to you throughout the day.
- Please do not throw any glass items in the festival trash cans.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Pre-registration for the 2024 festival will begin at 3:00pm at the red tent. If you pre-register for 2024 at this year’s festival, the space fee will be discounted to $125!
- If you find that you will not be able to attend, please reach out to us via email or phone so we can offer that space to a crafter on our waiting list.