Food Concessions Application
Thank you for your interest in being a food vendor at the 2024 Arbutus Arts Festival. This award-winning community event draws people from all over Maryland and surrounding states. This will be our 51st year!! Please review the information below, as some requirements have changed. It is best to submit early before all spaces are sold. We use a first-come basis.Concession fee:
- Non-Profit/ $200.00
- For Profit/$320.00
Location: East Drive, Arbutus, MD, 21227
Email: [email protected]
- All concessions must complete an application, include a photo of their stand and send registration fee for the space. Deadline for concession registration: March 15, 2024
- ALL VENDORS NEED TO APPLY AND BE APPROVED, INCLUDING RETURNING CONCESSIONS. Due to overwhelming response for concessions from last year, it will be "first come first serve" basis. No duplication of food vendors or food items.
- Please have whoever is pulling your permit (commercial kitchen) apply to renew their yearly license in February so that they will receive it early. Everyone must have it by March 31 (Health Department Request)
- Food vendors are required to comply with all State of Maryland and County health regulations: copies of license and Liability Insurance must be provided. All food vendors are required to apply for a Baltimore County One Day Temporary Food Service Facility Permit to participate in the Festival. Permits can be obtained through Baltimorecountymd.gov/agencies/permits. The permit application can either be mailed or faxed back to Baltimore County Government- Dept. of Health at 410-887-3663. Please provide us with the name the permit will be filed under.
- Please check the website to be sure you have the current application and the correct amount due.
- Workmen's Compensation page must be completed and returned with your application, or it will be delayed. If you don't have any employees for that day, then check the box indicating that or write "There are NO employees" on the document.
- Concessionaires are required to maintain booth in a neat and orderly fashion. Food vendors are to have enough food for the entire event, remain open, and clean up at the end of the day.
- All Vehicles must be unloaded and off the street by 7:30 AM with set-up in progress.
- Concessions are required to stay open until the festival ends at 5:00pm. At that time, please completely break down the stand and place all items on the sidewalk prior to retrieving your car. The street will not be opened for anyone to drive to their stand until the public have left, approximately 5:30pm.
- Important Deadlines:
- March 15th: Registration, Photo, and Fee due (To pay by credit card, submit your application online to be approved. Once approved, you will be sent a link. Make checks payable to Arbutus Arts Festival. Mail to PO Box 7459, Baltimore MD 21227.)
- March 30th: Approved concessions will receive confirmation to particate.
- April 15th: Copy of temporary permit, copy of permit of the commercial kitchen covering you & insurance certificate due date.
- Concessions are required to furnish their own drinks and ice. Beverage prices are set at $2.00 for water and all sodas, per serving for all stands. Size should be 16oz bottles.
- Locations of space will be assigned prior to event by event committee, space #, parking, map and directions will be emailed no later than May 1st. We will do our best to provide the same space for you. Any changes are due to electric needs.
- Any questions can be directed to the Arts Festival phone line at 443-833-4548 or email to [email protected]
- Food trucks are not allowed in our festival due to space constraints.
Rules & Regulations
- The festival will be held rain or shine. There is no rain date. Refunds will not be issued for bad weather.
- East Drive will be closed to the public as of 6:00am on May 19th.
- The festival is open from 10:00am until 5:00pm. Vendors must stop all sales at 5:00pm and clean up their space at the end of the day.
- Spaces will be assigned in an attempt to honor all specific requests. However, the Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to make final space assignments and change assigned spaces, if necessary. Vendors will be notified by the Committee of any space changes.
- The Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to decline any application which does not meet the guidelines or is deemed unacceptable.
- The Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to limit the number of vendors accepted in a particular category.
- Vendors may ONLY sell what is listed on their application. Photos including a representative sample of items must be submitted with the application. Photos may be mailed or emailed to the appropriate address below.
- Food vendor spaces are 17 feet wide x 10 feet deep. Tents and displays must start at the curb and cannot extend into the street beyond 10 feet. No soliciting is allowed outside of the designated space. Tents must be weighted.
- No fundraising or raffles are permitted.
- No pets, bikes, skateboards, roller blades or scooters will be allowed.