Food Concessions Application
Thank you for your interest in being a food vendor at the 2023 Arbutus Arts Festival. This award winning community event draws people from all over Maryland and surrounding states. This will be our 50th year!! Please review the information below, as some requirements have changed. Concession fee:
- Non-Profit/ $175.00
- For Profit/$300.00
- All concessions must complete an application, include a photo of their stand and send registration fee for the space. Deadline for concession registration: March 15, 2023
- ALL VENDORS NEED TO APPLY AND BE APPROVED, INCLUDING RETURNING CONCESSIONS. Due to overwhelming response for concessions, it will be "first come first serve" basis. No duplication of food vendors or food items.
- Please have whoever is pulling your permit (commercial kitchen) apply to renew their yearly license in February so that they will receive it early and not wait. Everyone must have it by March 31st. (Health Dept Request)
- Food vendors are required to comply with all State of Maryland and County health regulations: copies of license and Liability Insurance must be provided. All food vendors are required to apply for a Baltimore County One Day Temporary Food Service Facility Permit in order to participate in the Festival. Permits can be obtained through Baltimorecountymd.gov/agencies/permits. The permit application can either be mailed or faxed back to Baltimore County Government- Dept. of Health at 410-887-3663. Please provide us with the name the permit will be filed under.
- Please check the website to be sure you have the current application and the correct amount due.
- Workmen's Compensation page must be completed and returned with your application or it will be delayed. If you don't have any employees for that day, then check the box indicating that or write "there are NO employees" on the document.
- Concessionaires are required to maintain booth in a neat and orderly fashion. Food vendors are to have enough food for the entire event, remain open, and clean up at the end of the day.
- All Vehicles must be unloaded and off the street by 7:30 AM with set-up in progress.
- Concessions are required to furnish their own drinks and ice. Beverage prices are set at $2.00 for water and all sodas, per serving for all stands. Size should be 16oz bottles. There is no sponsored beverage company.
- Important Deadlines:
- March 15th - registration, photo and fee due
- April 30th- copy of temporary permit, copy of permit of the commercial kitchen covering you & insurance certificate due date or late fee in the amount of $20.00 will be charged. Approved Concessions will receive confirmation to participate no later than March 30th, 2023.
- Locations of space will be assigned prior to event, by event committee. Space #, map and directions will be emailed no later than May 1st. We will do our best to provide the same space for you. It is basically due to any electric changes.
- Any questions can be directed to the Arts Festival phone line at 443-833-4548 or email to [email protected]
Rules & Regulations
- The festival will be held rain or shine. There is no rain date. Refunds will not be issued for bad weather.
- East Drive will be closed to the public as of 6:00am on May 21st.
- The festival is open from 10:00am until 5:00pm. Vendors must stop all sales at 5:00pm and clean up their space at the end of the day.
- Spaces will be assigned in an attempt to honor all specific requests. However, the Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to make final space assignments and change assigned spaces, if necessary. Vendors will be notified by the Committee of any space changes.
- The Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to decline any application which does not meet the guidelines or is deemed unacceptable.
- The Arbutus Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to limit the number of vendors accepted in a particular category.
- Vendors may ONLY sell what is listed on their application. Photos including a representative sample of items must be submitted with the application. Photos may be mailed or emailed to the appropriate address below.
- Food vendor spaces are 17 feet wide x 10 feet deep. Tents and displays must start at the curb and cannot extend into the street beyond 10 feet. No soliciting is allowed outside of the designated space. Tents must be weighted.
- No fundraising or raffles are permitted.
- No pets, bikes, skateboards, roller blades or scooters will be allowed.
Once your application has been processed and approved, you will be sent a notification with payment instructions. Payment can be made via check or online credit card payment.